The statue of General "Stonewall" Jackson was unveiled on October 26, 1875 before a crowd of 40-50,000, including many who served under Jackson during the Civil War. In the left view, visible are houses that stood along Capitol Street adjacent to the northeastern side of Capitol Square. In the right view, Richmond's City Hall (right) and the now-General Assembly Building (left) have replaced the homes. Tenth Street runs between the buildings. Capitol Street has been replaced with the Colgate Darden Memorial Garden.
View of the Stonewall Jackson statue in 2007: